Sitting in the second chair with me today is the StoryBrand Chief of Staff and co-host of the Building a StoryBrand podcast, J.J. Peterson. J.J. is a scholar and communication practitioner. From building communication strategies for multi-national nonprofit companies and developing television shows in Hollywood to teaching college communication courses, J.J. uses his experience to help companies clarify their message in order to move people to action.
- J.J. says that the mission of StoryBrand is to help companies see themselves not as the hero of their story, but the guide, is a big reason he loves what he does.
- Healthy teams not only work together, but play together by creating bonds, connection, and a memory you can build upon. Building every day moments everyone on your team will remember unites the team.
- When having a hard conversation, first the other person must know you have their best interest at heart, but that doesn't mean you can't be angry in the moment. Have a plan for moving forward for accountability.
- Creativity is closely tied to physical health - getting quality sleep, eating healthy foods, and proper hydration.
- "Having integrity in every conversation is an act of courage." - J.J. Peterson
- "I'd rather be the spotlight than be in it." - J.J. Peterson
Leaders Are Readers:
J.J. recommends you read Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller.
- Connect with J.J. on Twitter.
- Listen and subscribe to the Building a StoryBrand podcast with Donald Miller and J.J. Peterson.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share and use the official #2ndchairpodcast hashtag when sharing on social media! If you know anyone who'd enjoy this podcast please share this with them.
"Achieve Your Goals" by Scott Holmes