For today's episode I’m joined by Jenni Catron. Jenni is an author, speaker, and leadership expert. She is passionate about helping others lead from their extraordinary best. She is the founder of The 4Sight Group - a coaching and consulting organization committed to developing the health of leaders and organizations. Her most recent book, The 4 Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership, published in 2015 has an impressive 5-star rating on Amazon. Jenni is an engaging speaker, so I hope you are challenged and inspired our conversation today. Enjoy!
- Jenni shares her story about the key lessons she learned as she transitioned from a key second chair role to the first chair and how she realized the umbrella of protection provided to her was no longer there. Now she's the one providing an umbrella for her team.
- A leader's health has a ripple effect on the rest of the team. Awareness is a starting point for self-leadership and health. Scale your health by asking yourself, "How healthy am I in my _____ (key relationships, rest, fitness)?" Then make space and time to take care of yourself.
- More often than not the solution to a leader's problem is not black and white. Leaders exercise a lot of creativity in problem-solving.
- Josh puts Jenni on the spot by asking her about making the transition from being a leader of a ministry or a project to becoming a leader who leads leaders. Jenni says the transition requires a mental shift and a different scorecard.
- "Lead yourself well to lead others better." - Jenni Catron
- "Leadership is the act of loving and serving others." - Jenni Catron
- "Your best work is going to happen through people." - Jenni Catron
Leaders Are Readers:
- Follow Jenni on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Give yourself or your team the gift of coaching. Contact the The 4Sight Group for personal or organizational coaching and for some fantastic free resources.
Thank you for listening to the podcast. If you find it useful, please subscribe on your favorite podcasting platform. You can leave a comment or feedback or send me an email at secondchairpodcast(at)gmail.com.
"Achieve Your Goals" by Scott Holmes